From Notting Hill to New York: Collect the clues to win signed copies of every Ali McNamara book so far! Clue 2.
To celebrate publication of the brand new Ali McNamara novel, From Notting Hill to New York . . . Actually (available for pre-order now) we have launched our very own online treasure hunt.
In the lead up to publication on Thursday 22nd November, we will be letting you in on some top From Notting Hill to New York themed fun, facts and trivia and at the end of each post we will be leaving you a one word CLUE. When put together the clues make up a line from a famous New York themed song. To win a signed copy of From Notting Hill to New York . . . Actually plus signed copies of all of Ali McNamara’s other Little, Brown bestsellers, simply collect all of the clues, put them in the right order and email the phrase they spell to: firstname.lastname@example.org with From Notting Hill to New York Treasure Hunt in the subject line by midnight on Wednesday 21st November 2012. Please be sure to include your full name, email address and telephone number in your email, and don’t forget to read the full terms and conditions before entering. The winner will be announced here on Thursday 22nd November.
TODAY’S FUN FACTS:
Manhattan is notorious for its fabulous food and today we will be sharing with you some of Ali McNamara’s top NYC restaurant tips.
- Best Pizza: John’s Pizzeria, 260 West 44th Street. Great pizza in elegant surroundings.
- Best Burgers: Shake Shack in Madison Square Park. Get there early though, or the queues will be long . . . but it’s worth it for their milkshakes alone. I had the Fair Shake – delicious!!
- Best Coffee: There’s a Starbucks on virtually every street, but go where the locals go: Stumptown on 29th & Broadway. Hang out with the cool dudes on their laptops, or just sit and chill out with native New Yorkers!
- Best Breakfast: They actually claim to be the ‘The Busiest & Best Breakfast in New York’ and their pancakes definitely live up to that mighty statement. It’s the Pershing Square Cafe just opposite Grand Central Terminal.
- And if you love the movie Serendipity, or even if you don’t, you must go to Serendipity3 on 60th Street (between 2nd & 3rd Avenues) for their frozen hot chocolate! Heaven through a straw!
Hungry for more on NYC culinary delights? Head on over to the author’s website where – for eight days only – New York cuisine goes head to head with Notting Hill fodder in a From Notting Hill to New York Culinary Challenge… today you'll also find more on one of the restaurants featured in today's fun fact!
TODAY’S CLUE: IT
For those who missed the first clue you can find it here. Stay tuned to the BtweentheSheets Facebook Fanpage and Twitter feed for alerts on your next clue!
Happy hunting and good luck!
Here's a selection of keyword-matched articles that you might also find interesting:
- From Notting Hill to New York: Collect the clues to win signed copies of every Ali McNamara book so far!
- Read an Extract from the fabulous new Ali McNamara novel!
- What really happened at Roswell? Collect the clues to win a book and T-shirt
- Competition Closed: Win a copy of Breakfast at Darcy’s a month before it hits book shops!
- Ali McNamara Blog Tour