This competition is now closed.
To celebrate the publication of The Little Coffee Shop of Kabul by Deborah Rodriguez we're giving away eight advanced copies of the book for you and your book club friends!
This wonderful book is heart-warming and life-affirming in equal measure and will have you and your friends chatting away into the small hours. The story is inspired by the author's own life – Deborah Rodriguez lived and worked in Afghanistan and even owned a coffee shop in Kabul. You can find out more about her fascinating life here.
To enter, simply fill in the form below (don't forget to read our terms and conditions here first) – good luck!
Find out how to host your own Little Coffee Shop of Kabul book club here, with recipes from the book.
And here are some questions to get the debate going once you and your friends have read the book.
READING GROUP QUESTIONS
1. Who was your favourite character, and why?
2. Of all the characters in the story, who do you think was the most brave and/or inspiring?
3. A working title for this novel was The Seventh Dove. What does Halajan’s story about the doves mean, and why does it have such a strong effect on Sunny?
4. ‘Every character in the novel is hiding something.’ Do you agree with this statement? Discuss each character’s secrets and subterfuges.
5. Five women are at the heart of this novel. But what do you think of the representation of men?
6. Did anything surprise you about the portrayal of Yazmina and Halajan? What facets of their characters stood out for you?
7. What was the most shocking thing you learnt about life for women in Afghanistan?
Here's a selection of keyword-matched articles that you might also find interesting:
- WIN a free copy of The Little Coffee Shop of Kabul – COMPETITION NOW CLOSED
- Read an extract from The Little Coffee Shop of Kabul
- How to host your very own Kabul coffee morning
- WIN a signed copy of Jenny Colgan's irresistible new book COMPETITION NOW CLOSED
- Competition Closed: Win a copy of Breakfast at Darcy’s a month before it hits book shops!