Our very own bestselling author of Good as Dead, Mark Billingham, is currently fronting the ‘Have The Last Word’ competition. The competition is part of the launch of the new Hive Network, an initiative created by Gardners Books which allows independent bookshops to compete with the major online retailers sites by offering internet book buyers an innovative ‘shop local’ alternative for the first time.
Mark has penned the start of a special short story – a murder set in an independent bookshop – and budding writers are being encouraged to enter and then finish the story on their own. The winner, judged by Mark, will take home £1000 of Hive vouchers, with the winner of a readers’ poll receiving £250 of vouchers. The competition closes on Friday 4th November, so hurry!
For more details about the Hive Network and how you can support your local bookshop, please visit www.hive.co.uk
Here's a selection of keyword-matched articles that you might also find interesting:
- Billingham and Carver shortlisted for Theakston's OP Crime Novel of the Year
- Competition Closed: Win a copy of The Things We Cherished by Pam Jenoff for you and every member of your reading group!
- Laura's Handmade Life Competition Winner Announced
- Competition Closed: Scare Yourself Silly with Sphere’s Biggest Horror Debut of 2011
- Calling all conspiracy thriller fans – a code-cracking competition for January!