Calling all fans of Nicholas Sparks and lovers of life-affirming love stories everywhere: the official World Book Night Top 100 has been confirmed and the Sphere team would like to thank you! The Notebook has made it on to the list at a staggering number 21, thanks in no small part to the efforts of each and every one of you!
Over 6000 book lovers submitted their top ten favourite reads for consideration as part of the World Book Night Top 100, and between them they nominated over 8000 different titles, so this a fantastic achievement, and it means The Notebook is now in the running to become one of books that will be given away on World Book Night 2012 (23rd April 2012)!
The final 25 books, which will be selected by the WBN committee (a committee which boasts Sphere’s very own Dorothy Koomson amongst its number), will be announced on Wednesday 12th October.
Five other Little, Brown titles also made the shortlist – Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier, Alias Grace by Margaret Atwood, The Wasp Factory by Iain Banks, Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts and The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom.
You can see the full Top 100 here:
The Notebook UK film tie-in edition is available from all good bookshops now. Click here to read an excerpt from the first chapter.
Here's a selection of keyword-matched articles that you might also find interesting:
- Nicholas Sparks shares his top five favourite books in this World Book Night exclusive!
- Your Last Chance to Make The Notebook one of the World Book Night 2012 Top 100
- Announcing the UK film tie-in edition of The Notebook – Your World Book Night 2012 MUST READ!!!
- 10 great reasons The Notebook should get your vote for World Book Night 2012
- WIN a VIP trip to Wimbledon 2012. NOW CLOSED.