The Best of Me, the brand new epic love story from your World Book Night favourite, Nicholas Sparks, is published today. A tale of passionate first love, difficult choices, and what happens when the past catches up with you – it is the perfect way to spend a wet and windy autumn evening. The Best of Me will also be hitting the big screen very soon (this time produced by Sparks himself), so be sure to read it first!
In his latest eNewsletter Nicholas Sparks had this to say about the book:
The Best of Me is unlike anything I've ever written. It's the story of two small-town former high school sweethearts from opposite sides of the tracks. Now middle-aged, they've had wildly differently lives, but neither has lived the life they imagined . . . and neither can forget their first love. When they are both called back to their hometown for the funeral of a shared friend, they will be forced to confront the choices each has made, and ask whether love can truly rewrite the past. Warner Brothers has already purchased the movie rights, and I'll be serving as a producer. This is a larger role than I've had with any of my past movies, and I'm excited to help bring the book to life.
He also extended a heartfelt thank you to everyone who got involved with August’s World Book Night activity. Read the full newsletter here.
Here's a selection of keyword-matched articles that you might also find interesting:
- Nicholas Sparks Makes the WBN 2012 Top 100!
- Nicholas Sparks shares his top five favourite books in this World Book Night exclusive!
- Sphere author Nicholas Sparks sells original television drama to ABC
- Announcing the UK film tie-in edition of The Notebook – Your World Book Night 2012 MUST READ!!!
- Your Last Chance to Make The Notebook one of the World Book Night 2012 Top 100