To celebrate the release of Elizabeth Chadwick's prizewinning historical epic To Defy a King back in August, we teamed up with English Heritage – one of the UK’s biggest institutions dedicated to preserving historical landmarks and bringing English history magnificently to life – to offer you the chance to walk in the footsteps of your favourite historical heroes and heroines!
Massive congratulations to our main prize winners:
- Elaine Dale
- Terence Peachey
- Alison Walker
Who have each won a family membership to English Heritage.
And to our ten runners up:
- Justin Neville
- Mary French
- (WINNER HAS REQUESTED NAME BE REMOVED)
- Sue Harpham
- Joanna Scott
- Margaret Jeffrey
- Bethany Martin
- Joyce Gayfer
- dave simpson
- Emma Pelan
For any of you not lucky enough to win this time, don’t forget to stay tuned to the author’s website (where can find early extracts, historical notes, book trailers, trivia and more) and experience the sumptuous settings of Elizabeth Chadwick’s richly imagined worlds for yourself.
Here's a selection of keyword-matched articles that you might also find interesting:
- Won: A sumptuous medieval necklace plus signed copies of To Defy a King
- Win: A Year's Membership to English Heritage
- Competition Closed: Sumptuous necklace plus signed copies of To Defy a King to be won!
- To Defy A King wins the RNA Historical Novel Prize
- Competition Closed: Win a copy of The Things We Cherished by Pam Jenoff for you and every member of your reading group!